Delete the search history from Instagram on the app or web version
If you’ve had an Instagram account for a long time, you’ve probably done thousands of searches in the app to find some photos or other accounts.
It is therefore important to scan your search history data from time to time to delete some individual searches, or the entire search history.
How do you delete your Instagram account’s search history?
Note: Once you delete your search history, you won’t be able to undo it, but you’ll find some accounts you’ve searched for in the past that show you as suggested results on your homepage.
First: How to delete your search history in the app:
• Go to your Instagram profile.
• Click on the three lines assembled at the top right corner of your account.
• As soon as the pop-up menu appears, press sets, on the left.
• Click on the Security tab.
• Click on the Clear Search History option, on your iPhone, or Search History on your Android phone.
• This option will take you to all recent searches, where you can click the Clear All option at the top right.
If you don’t want to delete your entire search history, you can choose to delete certain parts of your search history, such as: accounts you’ve only searched for, by clicking on the (X) tag next to each account you want to delete.
Second: How to delete the search history in the web browser:
The way you access your search history varies if you use an Instagram account in your web browser through your computer or phone, and to delete your search history in your web browser follow the following steps:
• Go to instagram.com in your computer or phone browser.
• Click on your profile picture at the top right of the screen.
• Click on the icon (Settings).
• Click on the Privacy and Security tab.
• Scroll down and tap the View Account Data option.
• Under the Search history tab, tap the View all option.
• Click on the Clear Search History option.
• To confirm click on the Yes option, I’m sure.
Remember: Even if you delete your search history, you’ll still see the accounts you’ve searched for as suggested searches when you go to the Instagram search option.
These suggested accounts are also likely to change over time, if you start looking for other accounts.